Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Blog for My Grandfather's Letters 1915 - 1919

A number of years ago, my uncle, Bob, transcribed over 100 letters that his father, Clarence Arthur McCann, had written during WWI.  These letters were discovered amongst Clarence's sister's belongings after she passed away.  The first letters were written from Fredericton, NB where Clarence had enlisted and the remaining ones from England and France and Belgium.  I had always thought I would publish them, but after listening to a webinar on blogging at http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Webinars.asp I decided to bite the bullet and create a blog.  The link to Clarence's Letters Home is in the side bar.  I have typed the Introduction that I found in the binder of transcriptions that my uncle gifted to me and also typed the first letter which was rather long :)

I hope to go back and fill in some of the info on the people and events mentioned in his letters, but will wait until I have finished typing the letters.

There is a lot of interesting information in these letters and if you have an ancestor that served overseas in the Canadian Expeditionary Force, it will give you an insight into what they may have experienced.  If your ancestor was from Windsor, NS, you may find mention of them in the letters.  If you do, please drop me a line and let me know.

As time goes on, I will add photos of Clarence, his family, his childhood home and anything else I come across.

Until next time, Happy Researching!

No comments:

Post a Comment